January 26, 2017: The One I Almost Forgot Because School, Wow
Hey! I’m not necessarily drowning in homework at the moment, but I’m also not happily tanning aboard a yacht drifting listlessly through my sea of thorough, completed assignments. And so I bring you a brief list of life updates, because I do not have anything deep this week, and I have to get back to a documentary analysis that’s due at midnight.
- I cried in church on Sunday. This should surprise absolutely no one. Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever, and the way God sees those who are in Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever. Grace is rad.
- I went to a barre class for the first time this week and really enjoyed it.
- I’ve started reading for at least six minutes before I go to sleep every night, and it is glorious. Sometimes, though, it’s tough because I’m rereading Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, and wanting to punch Umbridge in the face isn’t exactly a calming vibe to help me fall asleep.
- The Todd Squad came to Aubs on Saturday, and we went to see Hidden Figures. (If you haven’t heard of it, you can check out the trailer here.) It was so good! Highly recommend.
- I’m realizing how much I’ve lauded the idea of vulnerability without being vulnerable. That’s going to be my struggle for the next little while, I think.
- Comparison sucks. I’ve taken the phrase “everyone else” out of my vocabulary and started limiting myself to checking social media once a day instead of every eight minutes.
We made it to ten installments of “The Freshman Fifteen,” wow! Thanks for reading, y’all. Have a celebratory gif and a great rest of your Thursday.
(“The Freshman Fifteen” is a year-long blogging project posting every fifteen days of my freshman year of college. Follow along for life updates, deep thoughts, and everything in between.)